Red Deer Games Foundation
The Red Deer Games Foundation began its history of supporting elite athletes as a result of a donation from the 1975 Alberta Summer Games and additional funds from the legacy of both the 1988 Alberta Winter Games and the 2006 Alberta Summer Games as well as a donation from the BFF Golf Tournament held in 2014. The Red Deer Games Foundation is operated by an independent volunteer Board of Directors and is committed to helping developing athletes achieve success by providing financial assistance through our bi-annual grant program.
Red Deer Games Foundation Financial Assistance Program
The Games Foundation (RDGF) was formed for the purpose of recognizing and encouraging athletic competence and dedication by providing financial assistance.
The grants will be awarded to individual athletes living in Red Deer and area demonstrating a high level of ability and strong devotion to their sport.
Please download the application form and submit electronically to: email@example.com
To be considered for financial assistance you must:
- live within 40 km of the City of Red Deer
- provide evidence of high level competence at the international, national, provincial or regional level
- provide evidence of dedication to a sport or sports
- be prepared to meet with trustees for an interview if requested
Financial assistance may be requested to cover all or a portion of the following expenses:
- cost of special coaching
- cost of attending sport clinics
- travel to training opportunities or competitions
- accommodations and meals related to training and/or competitions
- registration and/or entry fees
- other costs related to athlete's sporting career
Application Deadlines are as follows:
- Fall Granting Period: Third Wednesday in November
- Spring Granting Period: Third Wednesday in May